Stewart Sales & Service Ltd
After 40 years in-house SSS Toys made the leap to Online Distribution, and haven't looked back
SSS Toys is an importer and distributor of toys, gifts and novelties. Christchurch-based, the family business was established in 1977 by the late Lance Stewart and his son, John, who stills runs the company. Today SSS Toys specialises in Science and Nature products, together with educational toys.
After nearly 40 years of managing their own inventory and distribution, SSS Toys wanted to create some efficiencies and savings so opted to hand this aspect of their business to Online Distribution, after being referred by their accountant.
The owner, John Stewart, was worried that there could be disruption to supply and unknown costs.
- The ability to adapt to any seasonal spikes in orders as required without compromising service delivery
- The ability to have ‘rubber walls’ to expand and contract a client’s space as required
- Activity based storage and labour charges
- Seamless handover. We put a colleague into SSS Toys’ site before handover to learn about the products, the profile of customers, and how their orders may seasonally vary.
- We provided a cost estimate prior to go-live and met in person to discuss each monthly invoice against estimate and ensure accuracy and savings were being achieved
- SSS Toys has an income stream from the 1000 m2 design build it owned in Wigram that it is now leasing.
John says not only has the shift provided considerable savings, but it has also removed the increasing level of work required to satisfy employment laws, health and safety requirements and the stringent MPI regulations.
It’s always important for us to absolutely understand what clients are setting out to achieve, learning what’s important to their business often includes a seamless transition, cost reduction, reliability, and scale-ability – we then take pride in delivering these – Guy Evans, Online Distribution
Check out out testimonial from John Stewart, SSS Toys.
Let us help with your 3PL solutions
We take the time to listen, ask questions and really understand your business model before we work with you to design the most cost-effective and deliverable 3PL solution.