Severe Weather Event – Update 14 February 2023
We have today received the following update from our Transport partner(s)
- Kaitaia, Whangarei, Napier, Hastings, Thames and Whakatane branches are all closed today due to weather conditions, so there will be no deliveries to those regions. Freight was unable to be linehauled to these regions last night due to weather, road closures, slips and/or flooding.
- Gisborne region is currently unknown but is expected to be closed today as above.
- New Plymouth region is closed this morning and being reassessed this afternoon.
- Auckland Metro – remains operational, but expect delays.
- Desert Road is currently closed, so there may be delays tonight from Auckland to Wellington and Palmerston North.
Accordingly, we have requested our Auckland sites to hold all freight today for Northland, Coromandel, Bay of Plenty, Hawkes Bay and South Island destinations. While our Christchurch sites will hold all freight today for North Island destinations.
We have received the following update from our Courier partner(s):
- Kaitaia, Whangarei, Warkworth, Thames, Whakatane, Gisborne and Hawera Branches are all closed today due to weather conditions, so there will be no deliveries to those regions. Freight was unable to be transported to these regions last night due to weather, road closures, slips and/or flooding.
- Auckland Metro – remains operational in most areas, but expect delays north of the bridge. Waiheke Island is inaccessible currently due to no ferry service.
Inter-Island Ferries are cancelled again tonight, so there will be no movements between the islands. We are waiting to hear the status of overnight Inter-Island freight and when flights will resume.
We will provide further updates as they become available.