Covid-19 Update – 31 August 2021
Yesterday the Prime Minister advised that the greater Auckland area would remain at Alert Level 4 for at least a further 2 weeks, while Northland is likely to move to Alert Level 3 at 11.59pm on Thursday and the rest of New Zealand will move to Alert Level 3 from 11:59pm tonight.
This means that, until further notice, there will be no change to existing operations from our Auckland warehouses, and we are only able to distribute the following products:
- “Essential” products as determined by MBIE at https://covid19.govt.nz/business-and-money/businesses/doing-business-at-alert-level-4/#businesses-and-services-that-can-operate-under-alert-level-4
- “Essential Non-Food Consumer Products” as determined by MBIE at https://www.business.govt.nz/covid-19/operating-at-alert-levels/
In addition, as an Essential Freight Service, we are able to continue to receive any inbound inwards goods at our Auckland warehouses during operating hours where resource allows.
For Christchurch, from tomorrow we can resume distribution of all our clients’ products (not just those deemed “Essential”), so long as our teams follow all Alert Level 3 requirements and deliveries are contactless. Social distancing and additional hygiene practices impact on all our businesses, including our freight partners. Our carriers are of course well versed in providing safe and contactless deliveries throughout the country. They will however face additional pressure as we move through alert levels, with increased volumes of freight being sent.
As our Christchurch warehouses move to Alert Level 3, we continue to ask our clients for patience and consideration over the next few weeks, including:
- Earlier order cut off times to be implemented at some sites on a case-by-case basis
- Deferring non-essential tasks including stocktakes and rework projects
- Allowing additional time for order processing – expect 1-3 days, including delivery delays
- All deliveries contactless
- Strictly no Client warehouse visits at Alert Levels 4 or 3
- Strictly no Customer Collections until further notice
Finally, we also appreciate you continuing to assist our warehouse teams in both Auckland and Christchurch by:
- Reaching out to your customers to ensure that they can safely receive contactless deliveries, they are aware that Customer Collections are unavailable, and there may be delays receiving some orders
- Keeping in contact with your warehouse Site Manager, providing updates of your forecast order volumes, including any pending back orders
- Refraining from any Peak Sales campaigns during Alert Levels 4 & 3
- Reaching out to us if you have any questions or concerns
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we all play our collective part in the elimination of Covid-19 from New Zealand.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.