Covid-19 Update Alert Level 4 – 18 August 2021
Last night the Prime Minister and Director-General of Health advised that there would be a change from the Alert Level 1 across New Zealand to Alert Level 4 for all of New Zealand due to a case of Covid-19 being recorded in the community. As a result, we have enacted our Covid-19 Response Plan. At this stage the above restrictions will be in place from midnight last night for 7 days in Auckland and Coromandel areas and 3 days for the rest of the country, however this may be the best case scenario.
Fortunately, we along with our freight partners are well prepared to continue providing distribution services in a compliant and safe manner. However, the following restrictions will be in place under the current alert level:
Alert Level 4 – all warehouses (Auckland & Christchurch)
Social distancing and segregated shifts create the potential for disruption to processing, which we will continue to monitor and communicate accordingly. Currently these restrictions will include:
- Allowing additional time for order processing – expect 1-3 additional days in transit
- Implementation of earlier order cut off times (to be communicated case by case)
- Strictly no access to the warehouses by non-Online staff members
- Deferring non-essential tasks including stocktakes and rework projects
- Strictly no Customer Collections until further notice
- All deliveries contactless
We would ask that you please assist our warehouse teams by:
- Reaching out to your customers to ensure they can safely receive contact-less deliveries, they are aware that Customer Collections are unavailable, and that there may be delays receiving some orders. Please note that additional charges may apply should consignments need to be returned or held by our carriers.
- Keeping in contact with your warehouse Site Manager, providing updates of your forecast order volumes, including any pending back orders
- Refraining from any Peak Sales campaigns during the Alert Levels 2-4
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we all play our part in again stamping out this virus. All further updates will be provided here. To keep in touch with us, please see Our People for our key site contacts.
For further information on the Government restrictions and current Alert Levels please visit https://covid19.govt.nz/covid-19/restrictions/current-alert-level/
Please contact us if you have any other questions at all.