Client Update 16 February 2021 – Operations and Freight Network Update
As of 8.00am on 16th February, our Auckland warehouses are coping well with the current order volumes and activity despite the added restrictions and measures in place at Covid Alert Level 3.
From a freight network perspective, please see the below summary points:
- Contactless pickups and deliveries have been enacted nationwide.
- Freight depot collections are currently not available at any Auckland depots. There may also be some restrictions at other depots throughout the country.
- Transit delays are expected, in particular consignments in transit in or via Auckland due to regional border roadblocks. Vehicles may take several hours to get through roadblocks, resulting in delays in freight movements and possible network connection failures. It is likely that consignments originating in, transiting through or being delivered to Auckland will be impacted the most, however other regions may also be impacted.
- For deliveries in Auckland, carriers will phone receivers to confirm whether they are open provided a phone number has been included on the consignment note. If closed, carriers will initially hold the freight at their depots. Once further information is provided by the Government on the Alert Level status, carriers will determine a course of action for the held freight.
Please be mindful that the situation can change quickly. We will keep you updated with any further operational or freight information as it becomes available.
- Client Update 8 March 2021 - Operations and Freight Network Update
- Transit delays due to Tsunami risk
- Covid-19 Client Operations at Alert Level 3 (AKL) and Alert Level 2 (CHC) - 1 March 2021
- Client Update 18 February 2021 - Operations and Freight Network Update
- Client Update 16 February 2021 - Operations and Freight Network Update