Client Update 21 April 2020 – Move to Alert Level 3
Yesterday’s government announcement that New Zealand will move from Alert Level 4 to Alert Level 3 at midnight on Monday, 27 April 2020 is good news for our country. Businesses now have a week to prepare for the move to Level 3.
We have been continuing to provide a safe and timely service to our Essential business clients during the lock down period and we are well positioned to extend this service to all our clients next week. Social distancing, good hygiene practices and segregated shifts continue to be crucial and these requirements will impact on all our businesses, including our freight partners. During Alert Levels 4 and 3 we ask our clients for patience and consideration over the next few weeks, specifically:
- Allowing additional time for order processing – expect 1-4 days including delivery delays
- Earlier order cut off times to be implemented at some sites on a case by case basis
- Warehouse visits by prior arrangement and for essential reasons only (please contact your Site Manager who can often help, avoiding the need to visit)
- Deferring non-essential tasks including stocktakes and rework projects
- Strictly no Customer Collections until further notice
We would please ask that you assist our warehouse teams over the next few weeks by:
- Reaching out to your customers to ensure they can safely receive contact-less deliveries, they are aware that Customer Collections are unavailable, and that there may be delays receiving some orders
- Keeping in contact with your warehouse Site Manager, providing updates of your forecast order volumes, including any pending back orders
- Refraining from any Peak Sales campaigns during the Levels 4 & 3 alert periods
- Reaching out to us if you have any questions or concerns
We are here to help you get your business back up and running.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we play our collective part in the eradication of Covid-19 from New Zealand.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or if we can help you get ready for Alert Level 3.