Disruption following EQ: Monday 14th November
3:28 PM 14 November 2016
There will be no service today in the North Canterbury towns of Waikari, Culverden, Waiau and Hanmer Springs. It is highly unlikely there will be any service today in the North Canterbury towns of Kaikoura and Cheviot. Service to Christchurch is also impacted, suburbs affected include Brighton, Redcliffs, Sumner and Lyttleton, with residential deliveries likely to be particularly impacted. Currently the road to Redcliffs and Sumner is closed.
The impact of last night’s events has been exacerbated as delivery volumes are larger than a normal Monday as part of the catch-up from the Canterbury Show Day holiday.
Further to the Christchurch and North Canterbury service advisory sent earlier this morning, please note the following:
Services in Wellington and the Hutt Valley are largely running normally. There are restrictions to access into some parts of the Wellington CBD.
- Both the Lewis Pass and the Coast Road north are currently closed. There is a very good chance that there will be no connection for Nelson or Blenheim tonight for freight into or out of those areas.
- It is also very likely that there will be no ferry sailings tonight which will affect the 2-day service. Further information will be available once an update is received from The Inter-Islander.
11:03 AM 14 November 2016
We have been advised that our TRANSPORT PARTNERS will only be collecting Southbound freight until further notice. This will be anything serviced by the following regions:
Ashburton, Timaru, Oamaru, Dunedin, Invercargill, Central Otago.
Any other freight can be processed but will need to be held on your site. We are unsure at this point how long this might be in place for.
COURIER FREIGHT at this point courier freight will be collected as per normal. Though please note that no inter island freight will move at this point in time.
9:15 AM 14 November 2016
Good Morning, an update from Online Distribution following last night’s severe earthquake:
Fortunately we have not received any reports of harm to our people or their personal property. All sites are operational, however please note we do anticipate some delays in processing orders as checks are carried out and as families deal with last night’s coastal evacuations and school closures.
An overview from our transport partners:
- Rail services in the lower North Island and South Island are suspended pending track inspections
- Inter-Island rail (Ferry) services have been cancelled until further notice
- State Highway One North of Christchurch and outlying regional road networks have suffered damage with road closures in place
- Christchurch City end of Lyttleton tunnel currently closed and being evaluated
- Lyttleton port is currently closed
- Critical supplies are being prioritised
We will keep our website updated as further information becomes available.
Please contact your site manager if you have any specific queries or our main office on 03 331 7700