Covid-19 Update – 21 September 2021
From 11.59 pm tonight, the Auckland region will move to Covid Alert Level 3. At this stage, the remainder of the country remains at Covid Alert Level 2.
The move to Alert Level 3 means that we are now able to distribute all products from our warehouses (not just essential products). While under Alert Level 3, we will continue to follow enhanced Covid protocols, including split shifts, contactless pick-ups/deliveries, social distancing and increased hygiene practices.
We ask for continued patience and consideration from our clients during Alert Level 3, including:
- Earlier order cut off times to be implemented at some sites on a case-by-case basis
- Deferring non-essential tasks including stocktakes and rework projects
- Allowing additional time for order processing – expect 1-3 days
- Allowing for additional freight delays (see below)
- All deliveries contactless
- Strictly no client warehouse visits
- Strictly no Customer Collections until further notice
We ask that Auckland warehousing clients continue to:
- Reach out to your customers to ensure that they can safely receive contactless deliveries, they are aware that Customer Collections are unavailable, and that there may be some delays receiving some orders.
- Keep in contact with your warehouse Site Manager, providing updates of your forecast order volumes, including any pending back orders.
- Refrain from any peak sales campaigns.
- Reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
There has been no change in Alert Level for Christchurch. For current Christchurch information, please see our News Update of 8 September 2021.
The move to Alert Level 3 means that the demand for freight delivery will increase greatly. The huge volume of freight that has accumulated during Alert Level 4 in Auckland will now be able to enter the freight network. This, combined with interruptions to the ferry network (see our News Update dated 17 September 2021) and Covid social distancing and hygiene practices, is likely to result in freight delays across the country for at least the next two weeks.
The government’s next review of the country’s Covid alert levels takes place in the first week of October.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we all continue to play our collective part in the elimination of Covid-19 from New Zealand.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.