Inventory Controller (Christchurch)
- Opportunity for career progression
- Monday to Friday | permanent opportunity
- Fast-paced rewarding environment
This is your chance to join a uniquely client-centric 3PL service provider and move your career in inventory control forward.
About the organisation
With over 35 years in the business, Online Distribution is a leading third-party logistics company offering warehousing and distribution services to over 100 clients. As a family-owned company, we’re proud of the friendly and inclusive team culture we’ve maintained over the years.
About the role
Using your experience, you will drive excellence in inventory control through effective management of stock control, in a multi-client warehouse.
Day to day responsibilities may include:
- Managing stock accuracy through robust analysis, investigation, and reconciliation processes
- Understanding and managing stock movements, levels, and replenishment
- Creating and maintaining stock control procedures
- Preparing and conducting Stocktakes and Cycle Counts
- Managing warehouse layout, ensuring locations are chosen to maximise storage utilisation and order picking efficiency
- Reporting on SOH, variance, quality and KPI’s
- Overseeing inwards goods
- Assist the Site Manager with delegated People Management tasks (One on ones, benchmarks, etc).
You will have prior inventory control experience and be adept at developing and maintaining logical systems and processes. You’ll work closely with Site Managers to ensure these procedures create efficiencies that benefit Online Distribution’s clients. In addition to this, we are looking for someone who can lead a team and build positive relationships with those around them.
To be considered, you will:
- Have worked in warehouse stock management and be happy to get out on the floor to investigate stock and help the team as required
- Enjoy analysing data and have outstanding attention to detail
- Be able to demonstrate how you have improved inventory control processes in a previous role/s
- Ideally have leadership experience or leadership potential
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Be a confident user of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel for reporting purposes
- Have experience using Warehouse Management and Transport Management systems
- Ideally have worked in a 3PL environment
- Ideally hold an F endorsement and/or OSH certificate and be confident operating a forklift and/or reach truck
What’s on offer?
This is a great opportunity for someone who is serious about developing their career with an innovative NZ business who is prepared to invest in your short- and long-term personal development. On top of your base salary, benefits include:
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance (after a qualifying period)
- Flu vaccinations
- Anniversary gifts
- Employee of the quarter awards
Health and safety is important to Online Distribution and to maintain a safe working environment, the successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and complete a Ministry of Justice check.
Click here to view the Position Description.
We are reviewing applications as they are received, so if you are interested in being considered please apply now using the Apply button.